Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hospital Tour & Week 25

I've been so lazy with posting lately & I apologize for that. I tell myself that I'm going to post & then I just get side tracked... So now I'm laying in bed posting from my good old iPhone. 

First things first, I'm at week 25 this week. & little lady is the size of a cauliflower. 
She's moving a decent amount and causing me quite a lot of discomfort. Leg cramps, heartburn, reflux, round ligament pain all seem to be daily staples in my life. It is all worth it though. 

We are getting paint for the nursery next week and picking up her crib as well :) and then the fun begins. My baby shower is also coming up in about a month and I'm really excited :) 




Other news: 
Did something I've never once done before. And maybe it has something to do with the bad memories I've got at PMMC or maybe it's just the plan I have for this rodeo. Either way I did a hospital tour of L&D and I'm SO GLAD that I did. 

If you're pregnant, I recommend scheduling a tour. You learn so much and get familiar with the staff and hospital . Today at my tour I was told about the "family waiting room..." It's a place where friends and family can sit and wait while I'm in labor. Now, given the bombardment of last time I gave birth, I am pretty against people visiting. But it was more so great news for Caleb. The hospital also endorses sibling involvement which is something really major and important to me. 

Since I've been stressing about what to do if I go into labor and jamie isn't there in time, what do I do? Well now we have a solution. We can bring him with us and he can wait right there with us. And then come in and meet the baby right away. <3 which means a lot to me. It's tough because we don't have anyone real close by that we can rely on... My mother in law is out of the question, because she's never around or has an excuse. So finding this out was a great thing. 

I have a lot of different things I want to do with this birth compared to the others.

1. No pain meds. I want to go completely natural. I know it sounds crazy, but it's something that I really want to try. Women did it this way for hundreds of years and I want to experience it. Besides Rays throat will be right there for me to strangle him so. Lol. He can deal. 

2. Delayed cord clamping. I feel like this is a fairly new premise. But it's something I feel strongly about doing. By waiting a few minutes for the cord to change color the baby gets vital blood etc. 

3. Having a mirror. This was something I literally decided on YESTERDAY. Something that freaks me out a little bit but I think that it's beautiful and I want to see her be born. 

4. Pulling her out. This is something new to me as well. I'm going to ask if I'm allowed to pull her out when her head is right there. 

5. Pictures!!!! I want a lot taken in the delivery room. I just want everything documented and saved and remembered. Considering it will probably be done with an iPhone I'm not too worried about quality, because these are for our memories. No one else. Plus knowing Caleb can be there now right down the hall, I'm excited to catch those first moments with those 2 together. 



All in all I'm excited. Taking a hospital tour was something I'm really glad that I did. Something that I wish I had done in the past, but I'm glad I did it now. Here's hoping that July gets here soon! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment